Daisypath Anniversary tickers


Friday, September 4, 2009

Checklist


Infant CPR, check.

Childbirth Prep class, check.

Pediatrician, check.

On Saturday, a doula came to the house and taught us our 3 hour CPR course. It was nice that it was at the house where I could sit and lay comfortably on the sofa. Highly recommend that route for any mother-to-be's. Also, since it was a small class (Mark, his mom and me), we could go at our own pace and ask as many or as little questions as we wanted. Afterwards, we went to dinner with his mom. Fun day!

We started our Childbirth Prep classes last Thurs and finished them last night. Although very interesting, I almost would have preferred them spread out over 3 days vs. 2. The classes were from 6-9PM each day which made for a very very long day for Mommy. After a ful work day, class and driving home, I was beat. Getting to bed an hour earlier would have been nice. I'm sure Mark would disagree since he got it done faster this way. Last night we went over the actual birthing process, both naturally and C-section. When they talked about epidurals and episiotomies, I thought that was going to be the end of me. I just hid my head in my pillow and somehow made it through. Mark raised his hand and asked, if the Father was no longer being "productive" in the labor and delivery room, at what point do they kick him out? I think what he meant to ask was, "If I'm not feeling good, at what point will you excuse me?" hahahaha. That question had the whole class rolling on the floor. So eventually, the passing out during the ultrasound story came out. We had a good laugh about that.

After visiting quite a few pediatricians around town, we were finally down to 2. We decided to go with Treehouse Pediatricians on 620 over Pediatrics Associates simply for the location. We loved both, maybe PA a little more. But the commute down to Seton with the traffic and confusion of that area and a sick newborn just sounded more cumbersome than the short shot over to 620.

This Sunday is my first shower! My hostesses will be arriving tomorrow morning and I can't wait to see them all. It's been too long since I've gotten to really hang out with them.

We're well on our way!

No comments: