Daisypath Anniversary tickers


Monday, August 25, 2008

13.1

What is the significance of those 3 small numbers? Add the word miles to the end and it might have a little more meaning.

Coincidentally, is represents the distance between my home and my office. However, come February 2009, it will be the distance that I hope to complete in 1 run! 13.1 miles or 21 kilometers is a half marathon.

Yes, I have officially begun my training for a half marathon and could not be more excited to have a definitive goal in my life once again. For those that know me, running has never been my thing. But in the last few years, it's started to grow on me. Or maybe I've gotten worse at everything else so now it seems that I'm getting better at running.

Regardless, this will be my goal for the next six months. I don't think I'll complete it without alot of support. That's where you come in!

See ya at the finish line! God help me... ;-)

No comments: