Daisypath Anniversary tickers


Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Swimming Day 1 Week 1

Finally. I made it to the pool. I have a 12 week training program that will get me ready for a 750m swim. Unfortunately, I only have 8 weeks to train. Fortunately, I only need to do a 500m swim! I think the 8 weeks will be just fine.

Today's swim session was not nearly as bad as I thought it was going to be. 500m including warm up and cool down (100m each). 4x25m catchup, 4x25m kick, 4x25m fist. The whole thing took me about 20 minutes. I guess that would be the equivalent of walking about a mile. Not bad, but lots and lots of room for improvement!

I also ran 1.5mi after my swim. 13:29. I'll work on getting that down to 12. My goal is the 5K in sub 27 minutes.

Tomorrow, 4-5mi at Lake Pflugerville!

No comments: