Daisypath Anniversary tickers


Sunday, August 16, 2009

Trout Meuniere Amandine


For dinner tonight I wanted to try a dish that I have never made before. Since we have to be concious of carbs at this point in the pregnancy, I figured fish with 2 veggies would be a good choice.

I dug through one of my cookbooks, and found a dish that looked good. The dish is called Trout Meuniere Amandine, clearly this dish has a French origin, which isn't a big surprise since it came from a New Orleans cook book.


The dish started with 4 Rainbow Trout fillets. I salted and peppered the fillets then dipped them in flour. From there they spent a little time in a heavily buttered frying pan (didn't I mention it was French in origin.


After the fish is done, I made a lemon almond sauce with the left over butter (and a little more) in the pan.







Plating was easy, just slide the fish onto the plate, put a little sauce on top, dress with a few lemons.





Of course every meal needs a few sides. I found a recipe for a Roman Tomato salad with a balsamic vinegar reduction sauce. Good, clean, crisp, and light since it is hot as hell out right now.




I actually made a 2nd side dish of green beans almondine with bacon, however I never got pictures of that while cooking.Above is the finished product. Colorful, kind of healthy, various flavors, temperatures and colors. A pretty good meal.
However, since it was a French dish, there was a ton of butter, which means I am going to need to run a few extra miles tomorrow.

No comments: