Daisypath Anniversary tickers


Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Baby Dos: 20 Weeks - Halfway Point

As with everything else related to children, I've found that sayings are not just sayings. They are based on tried and true reality. The one I'm referring to in this entry is, "Subsequent pregnancies go by in a flash."

When I was pregnant the first time, I couldn't wait for the next "phase" to come. And it always seemed like it took an eternity to get there.

With this one, knowing it just might be my last one, I had hoped that I could bask in it and take the time to enjoy it more. Having a toddler does not allow you much leisurely time to contemplate what you are fixing for dinner much less the future. And as nature would have it (nature and God are so brilliant), the second pregnancy has gone even easier than the first (which is saying a lot since Mia's pregnancy was quite easy). Combine the fact that I have little free time with the fact that this pregnancy has not been very demanding and most of the time, I forget (or am not allowed to think about) the fact that I am in deed pregnant.

And so here we are. At the halfway point. And I barely feel like I've gotten to know how this body even got here. I must make an earnest effort to slow down. To take more pictures. To revel in this (possibly) last pregnancy. I am sure no matter how quickly it goes by, the last 2 months will, of course, feel like an eternity =)

In other notes, crazy Braxton hicks contractions happening this week. I'm not sure if it was brought on by the ultrasound or not, but they are certainly here. And if I recall, I had similar issues with contractions right around this time with Mia also and then it kind of died off. I bet it was the ultrasound!

No comments: