Daisypath Anniversary tickers


Friday, January 1, 2010

Letting Mia Date

Soon after Mia was born, I started thinking about what the next 18 years would be like raising a daughter. Everybody keeps telling me years 1-13 are easy 13-20 suck.

At some point, I determined that no matter how hard I plan on fighting it, there will be a point at which I have to let her go on a date. I am still trying to figure out of there is any possible way I can prevent this. I haven't come up with anything yet, however I certainly do plan on continuing to work to find a way to prevent this.

Allowing Mia to date bothers me already. The primary reason that I have issues with allowing Mia date sometime in the very very future is because teenage boys are unbelievably dumb. As a former teenage boy, I don't think women understand how dumb teenage boys are. I know women think they know, but you really have no idea how little thought goes into the decisions that teenage boys make.

I know that every generation looks at the one that follows them and thinks that they are immature, foolish, disrespectful, dumb, useless, obnoxious and annoying. There was probably even a time where somebody thought that about me.

I also know that people have always said that if your daughter wants to date somebody you don't like, the easiest way to drive her to him is to ban her from seeing him. I struggle with this already. I look around at the teenage boys today, what they do, what they wear, how they act, etc. There is seriously something wrong with teenage boys today. I know teenage boys were dumb when I was growing up, but today's teenage boys are simply ridiculous.

For some reason teenage boys today have starting doing something that is no only not masculine, but they are doing stuff that is extremely feminine and douchey. This is just wrong. I have included pictures to show what I am talking about.





- note the absurd amount of tanning, it looks like a lobster and sonic the hedgehog had a love child







I don't care how much money you spent on your Ed Hardy t shirt, you are not dating my daughter






- at what point did wearing blue makeup become acceptable for guys








everything wrong with today's teenagers is shown and explained in this picture






- why they hell do teenage boys wear lip gloss nad pucker when they take pictures, this is wrong on so many levels






I feel sorry for the girls in this picture because as some point in their life they are going to look at this and think that this was not a horrible idea



I am truly concerned that at some point in 2025 some kid dressed like the above is going to knock on the front door and say "I am here to take our Mia." I don't think I can handle that. I will consider myself a failure as a father if my daughter ever thinks to date some kid who is as obnoxious as the teenage boys today. What happened to teenage boys playing sports, having a dirty room and lacking in personal hygiene?

My blood pressure and pulse is rising as I even think about one of these ultra tanned, umpa loompa looking kids knocking on my front door. Unfortunately, by the time Mia is a junior in HS, Stoli will be almost 20. I am not sure I can rely on his fierce bark to scare away this type of person.

1 comment:

Jennifer said...

This made me laugh out loud. It also made me think that I need to enlist Mom to find some of your old teenage pictures and figure out if you would let Mia date a guy that looked like that...